10 Best 6-quart pressure cookers For 2018-2019
Quart pressure cookers are specific kind of cooking pot that are airtight which allows food to cook more quickly under steam pressure. It is beneficial in that it allows the flavour, nutrients and vitamins to be retained when cooking unlike in other regular steaming methods. In addition, it takes up less time in preparing mealsand is therefore convenient for fixing meals that need to be put together in short notice. It is also a very handy kitchen equipment as it can be used to fix any recipe you could think of.
When choosing a pressure cooker, there are a few considerations that you should heed to avoid inconveniences and also helps you in getting your money’s worth. First, you should look for a pressure cooker that is made of high quality durablestainless steel. For the best type, go for the one with a label or stamp indicating “18/10 stainless steel. This is a metal combination of 18%nickel and 10% chromium that bears an added advantage of resistance to stain and corrosion. Secondly, look for the type that has an accurate indicator of when the standard pressure has been reached, which is more often 15psi (pounds per square inch). The indicators could vary from pop ups indicators to coloured markers. The pressure cooker that you settle for should have a quick release option built in the pressure regulator. This is meant to allow to lower the pressure quickly without losing heat. It will also enable you to add in ingredients and still be able to resume with cooking by switching back to pressure cooking.
- Magefesa 01opstabo06
This unit is convenient for use on all types of cook tops that you may have in your kitchen. It made of stainless steel with safety clamps and two independent valves.
- It cooks food five times faster than all other traditional methods. It had also been manufactured to suit whatever cook surfaces that are in your kitchen.
- The make; the stainless steel finish adds an exterior modern look to your kitchen and therefore acts as a design piece of the kitchen.
- is easy to clean and also safe to clean it using the dishwasher
- it has three security systems and safety systems that include safety clamps and independent pressure valves
- it comes with a guaranteed 10 year warranty
- the price range, even for the second hand pieces is pretty high
- T FAL P2I614634 securealuminium initiatives siver
This is a manual pressure cooker that comes with an auto locking system with a limited warranty. New items go at $44-$48 with a shipping fee of $10-15.
- it has been made with ergonomic handles that simplify opening the pot and also makes it safe to handle
- delivers an even heat distribution
- has an auto locking system for safety and instant closing
- it is a 12psi and comes with an easy to read pressure indicator
- it is light weight and therefore easy to handle and use around the kitchen
- has a limited life time warranty
- it offers a lower psi, 12, which is lower than the standard psi, 15 required in pressure cookers
- in some cases, although rare, it discolours the food
- CALPHALON STAINLESS STEEL
This pressure cooker can be used on all cook top surfaces, even induction. It has a one button lockingsystem with intuitive pressure regulating controls. Price ranges between $250 -$150 with a shipping fee of $9-$10
- It has a spring loaded pressure indicator that pops up when full pressure is reached. this allows you to monitor your cooking times
- the pressure release dial gives you the option of choosing between high or low pressure setting for cooking it reduces your cooking time with over 50%
- it can be used on any cooktop counter
- it is not efficient as a 6-quart, since you will have to fill it to the brim for it to be a full 6-quart
- It corrodes at the bottom after several uses. it requires a lot of attention and care so that it lasts long
- Fissler vitaquick pressure cooker with glass lid set
This pressure cooker has a non-stick surfacewith removable parts that are dishwasher safe.it is compatible with electric stovetop, induction and gas stovetop surfaces.
It goes at $239.99
- It has a non-stick surface, which is very convenient in preparing meals and cleaning
- comes with an extra rim that offers a prefect hermetic stop drop system
- It is easy to clean as it can be disintegrated into smaller parts that are also dishwasher safe.
- It is durable
- It is pretty expensive for most house holds
- heavier than most pressure cookers
- Culina one touch pressure cooker stovetop with steamer basket
This product is made from heavy gauge stainless steel and can be use on all stovetop surfaces and is easy to clean. It is made in such a way that it offers three different methods of releasing steam; natural release method, steam release method or placing under running water. All methods are UL approved
- it has an easy open and close mechanism that allows the pot to be covered in any position
- is durable as it is manufactured from stainless steel with encapsulated aluminum base that allows for even heat distribution
- it has a safety valve that will not open when the pressure has not been fully released
- in order to maintain finish, it has to be hand cleaned, even though it is dishwasher safe
- it is smaller in size
- Mirro 92150A polished aluminum
Thisproduct is rust proof and comes with an over pressure release valve. It is made of heavy gauge aluminum. It sells at a range of $69- $29.
- it is made with aluminum, therefore it cannot rust
- dishwasher safe and therefore easy to clean
- it retains all the food’s nutrients and flavors
- reduces cook time by 70%
- the lid does not close properly
- the gasket does not adjust properly therefore making it hard to read the numbers on it
- it retains stains after cleaning, giving it a dirty look even after it has been cleaned
- Presto 01365 deluxe
This product is made of stainless steel with a tri clad base with a layer of aluminum sandwiched between the two layers of steel for even heat distribution. It cooks food 10times faster than other ordinary methods.it ranges from $86.46- $79.99 with $0.00 shipping fees
- the pressure regulator maintains a proper and stable cooking pressure
- it comeswith a stainless steel rack and a 64 page instruction and recipe book
- It has protective features and cover lock that keeps the cooker from being opened until pressure is reduced for safety purposes.
- it burns food at times and requires one to get used to how it works
- Fagor splendid cooker
This pressure cooker is a 15psi product that comes with a manual and recipe book, suitable for use on all stovetops.
- the product is durable and has a high end output
- has a visual pressure indicator and an automatic pressure release
- it comes with a spring type locking mechanism that has one pressure setting
- it comes with an instruction book
- the plastic on the valves does not last long
- if the pressure regulator fails or breaks down, it renders the product useless
- the cover is not clear so you cannot see the contents of the pot
- Fagor duo stainless steel
This pressure cooker is made of 18/10 stainless steel and comes with a steel steamer basket with trivet.
- convenient for ceramic, gas, electric and induction cooktops
- has an automatic setting for pressure release
- comes with a visual pressure indicator
- it has black handles that are ergonomically designed
- the pressure indicator may fail at times
- the gasket moves ND rattles a lot, even when locked in place
- Presto 01264 aluminumpressure cooker
This product comes with a special rack that allows cooking several foods without mixing flavors and comes with a twelve year warranty
- The pressure regulator automatically maintains the proper cooking pressure
- It cooks Three times faster than other methods thereby saving time and energy
- The cover lock indicator shows when there is pressure and prevents the cover from being removed until pressure has been reduced
- It is dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- It starts leaking if not carefully maintained
- Foodsretains a metallic taste occupies a lot of space
- Screws get loose after some time
- Since no container is used inside, it takes it hard to clean